Helsinki's Hits

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors

Monday, April 28, 2008

Skulduggery Pleasant


Who ever thought that there was a book out there that had a character named Skulduggery Pleasant who was actually a skeleton man? And he’s the good guy…and he fights people made out of paper…while also taking care of a thirteen year old girl who is the more important then what you think.
Yep you guessed it! This book I have right here! *pats book beside me*
Adventure takes on fantasy, where a girl named Stephanie Edgley is mourning over her famous uncle’s death when she finds in his will that he has left everything to her. This is including his mansion and the proceeds from his best-selling books. At the reading of the will she meets a strange man covered in a pretty strange disguise, later revealed as Skulduggery Pleasant and she finds that there is a whole world out there that’s waiting for her.

I really, really enjoyed this book. It’s humorous, adventurous and has fireballs thrown in the equation! I rate this book 5 out of 5.

Update: his new book is out now called “Skulduggery Pleasant. Playing with fire” and I’m currently reading this book now.
I defiantly like it; it certainly has much more adventure then the first. The only thing is all the new characters have such similar names I always get confused with who they’re talking about and worse they all seem to have the same motive which is even more confusing. They all seem to be the same person in my head until Landy (author) finally shoves a clue as to who he’s writing about that’s the trigger to my memory box! Apart from that very, very enjoyable

Shall finish it soon to blog!

Jinx xx

The Blind Sisters

1 comment:

Megs said...

i shall recommend it at your request.
also v cool that old woman on the bus :P
love youxx