Helsinki's Hits

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Yesterday


I don’t want to tell you too much about this book because truly I found so yesterday in a library quite a few years ago now before I even knew who Scott Westerfeld was. I thought to myself "oh my god so yesterday...like the song ha ha ha well this is going to be a chick flick. lets read it and see if it mentions Hilary Duff" and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t read the blurb but to just start reading it and surprisingly it opened up my eyes to the medias influence on the way we think and how the youth of today can somehow change that and save our souls.
Hunter, the main character, is the narrator of the story and takes us through his role as a "cool hunter". He meets this girl, Jen, who is known as an innovator. She changes her laces almost every day, wears no brand clothing... basically she is a god.
And that is all I shall give away! A truly awesome story that got me obsessed with Scott Westerfeld ever since.
I give this book 5 out of 5 because of the fond memory i have starting the journey of many books that’s changed my life.
Jinx xx
The Blind Sisters

update: googling the cover image to this was a happy reminder that Hilary Duff is second to Scott Westerfeld mwahahahahaha

1 comment:

Megs said...

your so cute kait :)

xxx

ps hilary duff rocks :D lol