Helsinki's Hits

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A quick review of speaking of


Speaking of....books dying!
My work friend today pointed out a book to me that used to be on the year 12 list until taken off for unknown reasons. The teacher at her school told the class that it was about the future and the status of books. Well lack of.

Fahrenheit 451 is about our world if books didn’t exist. Nobody reads and in fact books have been burnt. However, an underground minority of people have memorized books and have become "walking books" being able to recall passages from many types of books. I don’t know much more then that but it made me think of Sherman Young and Blind Sisters viewers.

so check out this book I’ve already ordered one in. once I finish Ink Exchange I shall review that. (Stupid year 12 making me read ever slower than usual!!)

regards
Jinx xx

The Blind Sisters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, sounds like a great book...considering I told you about it! I'm so cool! I'll bug my English teacher for more books to recommend...

Lube you!

Ashmalees!