Helsinki's Hits

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors

Monday, January 26, 2009

i have a dream



'...our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness...We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and nonbelievers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth. And because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace...' Barack Obama

i just wanted to post that and say that i bet it will appear in civil rights movement textbooks alongside Martin Luthor King Jr. (one of my favourite historical figures) 'i have a dream' speech.

just wanted to say it first so that when i DOES happen i can be like 'yeeeah read my blog babeeee'

...well actally now that i think about it i highly doubt i will ever say 'babee' but my point still remains...


Helsinki

4 comments:

Passion's Killing Floor said...

It certainly was a powerful bit of speech produced by Mr. Obama, there.

I still listen to Martin Luther King Jr's. 'I Have A Dream' every now and then, myself. It's amazing to hear someone speak with such conviction and raw power. I keep it on my iPod in case I ever want to listen to it.

Good post! =].
<3. BABEEEEEEEE.

Helsinki said...

yeah its probably one of the best speeches ever written. it SO owns rudds apology speech...god why do australians have to suck at everything?!

Helsinki

The Enigma said...

GO BAMMA! WOOO!
I must admit, he can give a good speech!!!
Although i have to say, it's getting a little repetitive to see him EVERYWHERE. No matter what channel i turn to, there's at least one thing about obama. I shall excuse it for now because he just got into office but man oh man, some of the stuff they report is insane. Like 'What colour bags are his two daughters taking to school today?'
Seriously 'wtf'.
I feel kinda sorry for them. It must get tiring for them to hear all that stuff and the media to be constantly drooling over you...

Helsinki said...

yeah i agree. i reakon we should spend more time drooling over YOU instead Torii...

*drools*

Helsinki